Saturday, March 12, 2011

Practice makes perfect

Our childbirth class last week was CANCELED, but never fear. James and I have been doing plenty of practicing for when baby comes. And we've gotten some crucial help from a couple of friends.

For instance, we put together our snazzy new stroller (thanks, Aunt Cathy and Uncle Jerry!). It has so many different features, a rain canopy and sun shade and parent console and super swivelly wheels...


...that we might have overlooked the handy basket underneath in which to store things, had not Hank brought it to our attention.


Thanks for the demo, Hankie!

Not to be outdone, Malcolm was glad to help us practice the techniques we learned in The Happiest Baby on the Block video, which teaches 5 S's for calming a crying baby. 

1st S: Swaddling

2nd S: Side-holding

3rd S: Shushing
4th S: ...
I honestly don't remember what the 4th S is. I kind of want to say "shaking" but I know that can't be right. It involves jiggling the baby up and down, which led to the cat Scratching and me Screaming. I suppose either of those could work. The 5th S is missing because our test subject escaped under the bed.

And just for fairness' sake, a few pictures of our human child.

31 weeks

Yes, that is my child's vagina. I figure this is my only chance to post a picture of it on the internet without going on some kind of list.

59 days left, as of today!

2 comments:

  1. Yah! I'm so happy for you guys. ~Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy! BAHAHA. Oh I love you to bits and pieces.

    GO TEAM VERDIER!

    ReplyDelete